Guest Gallery Exhibition Application
The New Masters Art Gallery (NMAG) would like to invite you to apply for a Guest Gallery Exhibition at our gallery. NMAG's mission is to foster and promote an appreciation of high-quality representational art. We strive to further our community’s appreciation about the importance of craftsmanship in the visual arts and society. Our Guest Gallery Initiative seeks to provide a forum for artists from outside our membership to exhibit and interact with the public, a further extension of our mission.
The information that we are requesting from you is to provide our membership committee a preview of your work. We have detailed below who may apply for the Guest Gallery, when to apply, applicant benefits, and a summary of the responsibilities of the guest artist. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Who may apply:
Individuals, small groups, or large groups may apply to exhibit for one month.* Applicants who cannot fill the full gallery may still apply, and may be paired with other artist(s), at the discretion of the Membership Committee, to create an exhibition that will show well. Selected artists will have the option to not participate if they do not like the pairing.
*show opens the First Friday of the month and closes the penultimate Saturday.
When to apply:
NMAG reserves the months of January and August for Guest Gallery exhibitions. We invite artists interested in exhibiting in our gallery to apply for consideration during two periods per year of Open Calls. Our first Open Call is open immediately through March 1, 2017 or until a suitable exhibition has been chosen. This Call will seek to fill our August 2017 exhibition. Our next Call will open April 1 through September 1, 2017 and will seek to fill our January 2018 exhibition.
• No commissions on sales; therefore, all profits from sales go directly to the artist.
• The Gallery has ~150 feet of wall space with professional lighting to display art pieces.
• NMAG has an email list of over 1500 members, interested parties, and community VIP’s who will be electronically notified of the show.
• NMAG will design and print 500 postcards for each show for mailings, participating artists use, and distribution through the community. (With enough advanced notice additional postcards can be printed at the artist’s expense.)
• 7 day a week access to the NMAG.
• The guest artist may run events such as a gallery talk or live painting demonstration in the gallery during the run of the show.
- There is no fee to apply for the Guest Gallery Initiative however if chosen, the applicant agrees to pay a gallery rental fee of $900. This fee entitles the applicant to hang their work in the gallery for the duration of the exhibition time frame. In the event that multiple artists share the gallery, the gallery rental fee shall be divided proportionally among those artists.
- Artists are responsible for creating and delivering the work to the gallery at the agreed upon time. Artists will also be responsible for any and all expenses for the return of all artworks exhibited at NMAG back to the artist or owners of lent work. All works must be properly framed. All works should be ready to hang or display and all work should be completely dry.
- Images of work need to be submitted with the application. Images should accurately represent works being submitted for exhibition at NMAG. Send images by email to membership@NewMastersArtGallery.com with the subject line “Guest Gallery.” Images should be 300 ppi and 1800 pixels max dimension.
- Artists are expected to attend the opening reception for their show. A request for a waiver from this must be requested at the time of the application. Most people who attend the reception enjoy meeting the artists. Artists must cooperate in publicizing the exhibition by providing images for use on the postcard and by providing biographical information in a timely fashion (usually two months before the show).
- Artists are responsible for insuring their artworks while at NMAG should they desire insurance. The NMAG has an insurance policy but it is recommended that exhibiting artists have a policy of their own to provide additional coverage.
Application Checklist for Guest Artist
• Completed application via post or email to: membership@NewMastersArtGallery.com attention: NMA Guest Artist
• Artist statement and resume
• At least five images of recent work